Homeopathy Tips to Help with Holiday Stress
The holiday season can bring a dizzying array of demands- shopping, baking, parties, cleaning, entertaining, etc.. For those alone or who face the loss of a loved one, the holiday season can be a time of profound sadness and grief. Homeopathic remedies can help a lot!
Symptoms of overindulgence range from indigestion, heartburn, headache and constipation.
• Nux Vomica 30c- for over eating, especially rich foods, as well as too much alcohol. Nux is the #1 hangover remedy. Take before the drinking begins and then every few hours after.
• Carbo veg 30c- an uncomfortable feeling of fullness with gas, abdominal distension and burping. Take every half hour for 3 doses and repeat after 3 hours if needed.
• Pulsatilla 30c- overindulgence after rich and creamy foods. Take one dose before the meal and then 2 times afterwards.
• Arsenicum if you suspect food poisoning with diarrhea, cramping and severe vomiting. Every half-hour for 3 doses and then every 3 hours.
• Gelsemium 30c - anticipatory anxiety with weakness and trembling, take one 30c a few times the day of the event
• Rescue remedy- can be taken a few times daily as needed.
• Coffea 30c- for over-excitement with insomnia.. this is a great remedy for kids who are too excited and full of anticipation to get to sleep.
• Cocculus 30c- when you can’t sleep from exhaustion and sleep deprivation.
· Ignatia 30c- if you are missing someone or grieving over someone over the holidays. May be taken several times a day.
• Staphysagria 30c- if you ‘stuff’ your anger and resentful feelings toward your relatives. May be taken a few times throughout the day.
The First Sign of Flu
• Take Oscillococcinum the very first moment you feel you might be ‘coming down’ with a cold, flu or tummy virus. It is only effective in the very early stages...i.e. when you feel fatigue and a slightly scratchy throat. It is not effective once the virus has taken hold. ( link to web page) If the flu is going around, you can take a few pellets daily; it seems to help boost the immune system’s resistance to illness.